ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE DATED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF SUBMISSION.
YOU MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO SHA WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS.
#1. If you are reporting a change in income:
If your household has NO income from any source you MUST also complete and submit a No Income Certification Form. Submit within 10 days.
If you receive a regular contribution from a 3rd party you must submit a Contributions Form. Submit within 10 days.
Income from wages: Please give an Employment Verification form* to the employer(s) to complete. The employer must return the completed form by mail or FAX within 10 business days, OR submit a signed and dated letter from your employer on letterhead showing changes in employment. The letter must have a wage and an average amount of hours worked per week. If you have already reported your job and wish to report a change in hours or rate of pay, submit copies of two full months of recent, consecutive paystubs.
Unearned income – submit within 10 business days:
- Child Support: Please provide a copy of a printout from Support Enforcement showing payments received for the most recent 6 full months.
- Social Security/SSI: Please provide a current-dated copy of the award letter from Social Security.
- TANF/GAU: Please provide a copy of the letter from DSHS informing you of the change within 10 business days.
- Unemployment: esd.wa.gov/unemployment or 1-800-318-6022
- Other: Current-dated verification from the source of the benefit.
#2. If you are reporting a change in expenses:
Childcare: Please give a Childcare Verification form* to the provider(s) to complete. Your provider must return the completed form within 10 business days by mail or FAX; OR submit a signed and dated letter from the provider on letterhead showing the amount of your copayment.
Medical expenses: Please give a Medical Expense Verification form* to the provider(s) to complete. Your provider must return the completed form within 10 business days by mail or by FAX.
#3. If you are requesting to add a family member:
For all new minor household members, you must submit the following within 10 business days:
- A readable copy of their Social Security card
- Declaration of Citizenship status*
- Proof of custody (i.e. birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody, receiving benefits for them, etc.)
- Verification of unearned income (see above)
For new adult household members, you must also submit the following:
- Written verification from your landlord that they have been approved for tenancy. Note: An unauthorized person in the household is reason for termination of assistance. If you do not have approval from your landlord, SHA will not proceed with your request.
- A completed Assisted Housing Application* listing all members of the household including the new member(s), and signed by all adults listed on page 1 of the application.
- A readable copy of their picture ID
- Verification of their income (see above) o Completed New Adult packet*
- All release forms* and certifications* that must be signed by all adults in the household.
- Immigration documents and signed INS Consent Form* (If applicable)
* Listed forms are available from your Eligibility Specialist Team.
Warning: Title 18, Section 1001 of the United States Code states that a person is guilty of a FELONY for knowingly and willingly making a false or fraudulent statements to any department or agency of the U.S.
If you or anyone in your family is a person with disabilities and you require a specific accommodation in order to fully utilize our programs and services, please contact the housing authority. Phone (509) 328-2953 TTY/TDD 711 Fax (509) 327-5246